It’s really nice to share with you whenever I have something I feel might be useful to help you get healthier.
I respect your time and want to give you valuable content that is simple to use and understand. (Feel free to request something you need by commenting below)
I know some of my posts can be long, as I want to give as much as I can, but today’s is about keeping it simple and doing more, with less.
Another way to look at it is the 80/20 rule (Pareto’s Principle), which states that 80% of the results come from 20% of the actions. (i.e. 80% of the income comes from 20% of the clients)
So, today we’re going to focus on that 20% that gives us 80% of the results you’ve been looking for to get healthier now!
- Every morning before you get out of bed, take 30-50 deep, slow, full belly breaths and exhale fully
- Do the same on your way to work
- At Lunch
- Before Dinner
- Before Bed
The Nutritional 20%
- Eat 1-2 palm sized portions of Protein every meal (up to 100 grams a day or more)
- Eat a lot of Veggies (at every meal, and as snacks)
- Eat GOOD Fats (1-2 thumbnails at every meal except post workout)
- Carbohydrate Dense Veggies (eat less than 100 grams a day)
- If you weigh 200lbs drink at least 100oz of water a day (adjust to your weight)
- If you have ravenous belly hunger eat more protein
- If your cognitive functions are slow, eat some fat and drink a glass of water
- If you still have slow cognitive functions 10 minutes later, eat some good carbs
The Physical 20%
- 7 days a week – MOVE
- 2-4 days a week – Strength Train
- 1 day week – Go Hard
- If you’re injured, you can still do something
- If you’re hurt (sore, tired), modify accordingly but do not do nothing
The Mental 20%
- ‘Show Up’ for every commitment you have made (appointment, outing, session with your trainer)
- Stay open when opportunity knocks
- Knowledge is nothing without application – go DO it!
- Get a Coach who has helped people get the results you want, so they can help you do the same
The Recovery 20%
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours a night
- Take Magnesium (Glycinate or Threonate) at least on days you Strength Train
- Epsom salt baths combat soreness
- For every 10 hours of training, get a massage (Or spend some time on a foam roller, though not nearly as effective as deep breathing)
- ‘Off’ days’ need to be OFF, do not overwork on those days, rest instead
There is more, but if you focus on only the things above, I GUARANTEE your health will sky rocket, without going down a rabbit hole to get there.
Pick one thing on the list (The thing that stuck out the most to you and do it better, start now!) and when it’s a habit, do another and then another!
Please share with me what you’re working on and letting me know what content you find helpful and useful by commenting 🙂
Enjoy your Spring weather!!